Pages


Racing has become a very important part of my life. It takes a lot of dedication and a lot of focus but results in a real sense of accomplishment and puts me in great shape. Sharing this information helps keep my mind in the game and lets you read about my experiences :)
~Kris



Friday, October 2, 2009

Cause and Effect

So this week has been difficult. The cold and wet weather caused us to stay indoors and has kept us from getting in decent run training this week. Mark had a great track run on Wednesday. I was ready to head into it and try to kick out some good 800s but as we were warming up my shins were heating up, bad. I got in one 800, stretched, walked, tried a 400 and that was it. It hurt too much and I didn't want to irritate it to the point where I'd have trouble on Sunday. I was defeated, pissed. Finally I have my head on a potential realistic goal that I could be proud of and the universe kicks me in the shins (sort of). Best I can figure as I was sitting there thinking about it as Mark finished his intervals, my pain is probably the effect of cold weather and trying to fly out the gate at speeds my body hasn't been able to do this year. Ironman forced me to slow down and I think the 5k I cranked out last week didn't help either. I had a great run but it was at a pace my body isn't used to.

So...now I'm sitting on my butt for a few days praying that Sunday at the 10-mile I don't have the shin pain. Any suggestions anyone???

Wow, that was a short post for me. Are you impressed? :-P

No comments: