Pages


Racing has become a very important part of my life. It takes a lot of dedication and a lot of focus but results in a real sense of accomplishment and puts me in great shape. Sharing this information helps keep my mind in the game and lets you read about my experiences :)
~Kris



Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Well once again I'm going to reference that if you told me last year I would be in my current situation/life by the end of 2009, I think I would have laughed in your face! So much has changed...


Bought my townhome
Laid off from my FT work from home job
Got two part time jobs with ties to triathlon
Got divorced (finally ok with saying the word!)
Met and fell in love. (With the type of guy I gave up on believing existed)
Found in incredible new hobby with Mark (Geocaching)
Turned over about 75% of all the people I've been hanging out with for the past few years. Some outside of TNT that looking back now, had a very negative impact on my life
My sister got divorced as well - who would have thought we'd share that experience!
I'm now working a FT office job downtown.
AND I for the first time in the past few years actually have a positive feel going into 2010!

Well except for the fact that training begins again with me losing the 7lbs of winter weight I decided to put on. Sigh....it's a vicious cycle I go through every winter. Mark and I are in the process of putting together our winter/spring training plan to get back into things. As I've likely mentioned before, this year is going to be all about speedwork. Sprint tris, short road races and even a few trail runs. We ordered trail shoes from Sierra Trading Post a few days ago. Got killer deals! We opted to stay on the less expensive side of things since neither of us have been trail runners before and don't want to spend a ton of money on shoes until we know what features we like.

Paypaya Yellow North Face shoes for me / Harvest Pumpkin Teva's for Mark (must have been hungry when we were picking out which colors we liked!)



So I think that's all to report for now from my side. Hope to get my tentative 2010 race listing up on here soon. We've been hashing out our schedule the past few days.

Tomorrow AM is the ALARC Ice Dive. Mark is classified as a Minnow right now. I am a Guppy. After the dive I become a Minnow and he will be a Walleye. I think I mentioned Mark and I are doing this with my friend Jess's husband Andy. She harbors the excuse that she's pregnant so she can't do it ;) Should be a blast and ^#&*^%# cold! Temperature should be somewhere around 8 degrees F above zero. Pray for me.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!