Pages


Racing has become a very important part of my life. It takes a lot of dedication and a lot of focus but results in a real sense of accomplishment and puts me in great shape. Sharing this information helps keep my mind in the game and lets you read about my experiences :)
~Kris



Thursday, July 22, 2010

Living With Dogs

Rule #1 - Nothing that is food, smells like food, looks like food, or is nearby to food can be put anywhere below 5 feet of the ground. Made the mistake of putting a bag of baking items in a reusable bag in the closet. While we were gone, one/two of them opened the bifold door and ripped apart the tupperware containers of sugar, flour and even the Hershey's cocoa powder. Mark and I were pretty much already at the end of our sanity ropes by time we got home and saw the mess. Truffle (our miniature pincher) was COVERED in flour and cocoa powder. (BUSTED little girl!!) Lesson learned....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark and I have been working non-stop to get me moved into his house. He's been doing some remodeling projects and I've been trying my best to consolidate everything from my townhouse. We've also put a bit of time into re-arranging things for the dogs to now have access into the basement. It seems things are all falling into place and our stuff is all fitting together pretty well. Moving just is never fun. I'm so excited for us to be in one place but so much of his stuff and my stuff has to be STUFFED into a storage locker. I did a more detailed write up on our A Life More Complete blog that should be posted soon.

Diet - out. the. window. Another product of moving. Our time has been so cramped and half my kitchen is in boxes so in the past 4 days, 3 of them included pizza and pop. I know when we get settled and the kitchen is in one piece and we have money to go buy decent groceries again we'll be back to our normal eating healthy routine. This morning I woke up feeling so "blah" that I dug out the last two pieces of frozen chicken and am going to do just that with mixed veggies for dinner.

Training - see the above response to "Diet". Another reason I'm feeling totally "blah!" We have put moving/cleaning/remodeling as priority #1 and therefore we haven't run, swam, biked, lifted in like two weeks.

This weekend can't get here soon enough! The goal is to have me and the kitties staying at the house starting Saturday. We will gain ridiculous numbers of hours a week back that we currently are spending driving back and forth between houses so training and eating better will be so much easier. Plus we are working to get my townhouse rented out so the extra income will allow us to crawl out from underneath our credit card max limits.

And I can get back to wedding reception planning <3

No comments: