Pages


Racing has become a very important part of my life. It takes a lot of dedication and a lot of focus but results in a real sense of accomplishment and puts me in great shape. Sharing this information helps keep my mind in the game and lets you read about my experiences :)
~Kris



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The First Official Training Week

So Monday was the first official day of our marathon training for the Las Vegas Rock 'n' Roll Marathon.  While I do have a time I hope to finish in, considering this is our wedding, I'm not too overly concerned with how long it takes us to finish.   If a photo op presents itself, we will be stopping :)

Yesterday was supposed to be just an easy 3 miles.   The training plan we put together and are going to follow said my easy pace is supposed to be 9:49 but a mile in our pace was just over 10.  Damn it!  So my easy run turned into more of a moderate run.  My bad habit is that if I make a training plan too aggressive, I won't slow down to what feels easy, I'll push for the pace it last listed for me that day.  Has kicked me in the arse before so we'll see how this goes.

Mark just got his GPS training watch so that will be helpful for us to keep pace.  I've really been missing my Garmin since it died last year.   Since he's WAY faster than me, on occassion I kick him in the butt to take off and run ahead so he can get in a hard run too but for the most part he said he's going to stick with me on training runs for this marathon since we're running it together anyways.  (Love you Handsome!)  Having him next to me is motivation a lot of days to push just a little harder.

We have the Ragnar Relay this Friday/Saturday.   Kinda bummed out that my run legs have been modified since we chose which ones we all wanted to run.   Mine got shorter and easier.  I wanted to have more of a moderate set :(   It will be fun though provided the weather doesn't make a mess of things.  Currently there is a forecast of humid rain on Friday and hot/humid on Saturday.   We start 9:30am Friday and predict to finish up around 3:00pm on Saturday.  

Still haven't gotten back to the pool.  Our focus has been so much on running we just haven't had the motivation to throw that into the morning routines yet.   Have been getting to the gym to lift at least once a week which has felt great.

Wedding reception plans are a little stalled out right now.  We are deep into evaluating what we can afford.  I'll just leave it at that.

No comments: